Tuesday 1 April 2014

Wet N Wild Megalast Lipsticks | Review and Swatches



Happy April guys! This year is well and truly flying through.

Experimenting with new make up brands is always fun. Especially when it involves lipsticks. A few months ago I made an order on Beauty Joint and had so much joy in doing it. I ordered the likes of NYX, Milani, Elf and Wet N Wild. All brands in which I had never tried before and due to the generous price tags, I went a little mental. When trying out the Wet N Wild Megalast lipsticks, I noticed that I had pretty good dupes for all three of them. They are all very pigmented and opaque. The packaging isn't anything exciting and as the finish is matte, they can be a wee bit drying on the lips and slightly tug my lips on application. I found the staying power to be 3 hours maximum, but I don't mind reapplying. Considering the price ($2.95 USD each) - they are definitely worth the buy and perfect if you are on a budget.




Dollhouse Pink
A pretty pink. It's not too bold but still a bright shade. A great dupe for Limecrime's Great Pink Planet (just a smidgen darker).

24 Carrot Gold
A flattering orange shade. It's the perfect lip colour to match gold eyes, if you are brave enough to rock this shade - do it! A perfect dupe for MAC's Morange, which I don't have but I now have no reason to buy it.

Don't Blink Pink
A dark, raspberry hue pink. A dupe for MAC's Pink Pigeon or slightly similar to Candy Yum-Yum. If you are cynical about trying Candy Yum-Yum, give this a go as it's not as florescent and more toned down.

Dollhouse Pink | 24 Carrot Gold | Don't Blink Pink

ttyl,




2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the brands but they look like such gorgeous shades!

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are an American brand! They have a giant range of colours too :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. I love to hear from you and know what you think! Thank you x