Friday 11 April 2014

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | Review



MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW15


This product was purchased after many beauty guru's and bloggers could not rave more about it. The recommendations of MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer were through the roof with heaps of beauty lovers classing it as their holy grail concealer. My first impression of this product however, wasn't a positive one. 

The reviews stated that this concealer: barely ever creases under the eyes, covers dark circles, has long lasting power, a flawless formula and that it cannot be faulted. Previously, I have struggled with concealers settling into fine lines and creasing on me. Therefore, I finally felt like I could rely on Pro Longwear to banish my creasing issues ha! Alas, I was wrong. I continued to try and work with it. Always priming before concealing and setting it with a powder afterwards. I applied it with a flat concealer brush and my fingers. Nothing changed. The formula also feels very sticky and appears to seperate despite its thick base.

Apologies for the negative notes, but I had high expectations for this product. Maybe I got given a bad batch or our relationship just wasn't meant to be. Who knows. But, I will remain hopeful and continue to try and make it work for me as it is a lot of product to waste. 


Do you have any recommendations of any concealers that could work for my awful creasing eyes? 

ttyl,

2 comments:

  1. It surprises me that this is the case for the MAC concealer. Have you tried the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer? I love it and a lot of other bloggers rave about it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surprised me too :( yes I've had that before, I liked the consistancy and coverage but still found it creasing! Thanks for the help hun x

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. I love to hear from you and know what you think! Thank you x