Saturday 5 April 2014

Benefit 'Feelin Dandy' Review


I acquired this Benefit box when the Duty Free prices at the airport sucked me in. I thought that it was the perfect size and assortment to carry on board of my adventures, as most of my make up stash had to be left behind (Believe me, it was a sad state of affairs). I think these little boxes of sample sized products are perfect for beginners and those in two minds about purchasing full sized products.



Feelin' Dandy comprises miniature:
'High Beam' Highlighter (4.0ml)
'Posie Pink' Pink Cheek & Lip Tint (4.0ml)
'Dandelion' Blush (3.0g)
'Dandelion' Lip Gloss (6.5ml)

Blush Brush

A guide on how to use the products for optimum results was situated at either side of the mirror. As you can see I have taken those off to have easier access to the mirror but it is a great idea to assist customers of how and where to use the products.

High Beam
A glowing, champagne shade. I was sold on High Beam a few years ago. It is able to define the high points of the face and look magnificent in doing it. I use it on my cheek bones, brow bone & cupids bow. I would say that highlighters excite me the most in terms of beauty products and High Beam is a must have.

Posie Tint Lip & Cheek Stain
A warm toned coral pink. This is a very girly and a lovely shade for those with a light complexion. I prefer a powder blush to a liquid or cream so I don't tend to reach for this as a blush. Despite this, I am obsessed with this as a lip stain. It gives my lips the most perfect wash of colour. Plus, it dries and looks effortless.

Dandelion Blush
A light ballerina pink shade with blue undertones and the slightest gold shimmers. This is the first Benefit blush I have used and I am hooked! I think this is the lightest shade of blush that Benefit carry and compliments me as I am a little on the fair side lately. The formula is buttery soft and blendable. The duribility is also pretty good.

Dandelion Lip Gloss
I am far from a gloss lover. I even prefer my lipsticks to be matte or satin. Having long hair means that sticky or liquid products on my lips are not a fun time! Despite this, Dandelion is a neutral peachy shade with fine shimmers that adds a pretty sheen and smells fruity. It is good to have a few glosses in the collection to create different looks. 

I have only ever used the blush brush once, as I prefer a larger and more dense brush to apply it. Nonetheless it's a great size for on the go. 


Swatches without & with flash:
High Beam, Posie Tint, Dandelion Blush, Gloss.

TOP TIP: Advised by the book included with this goody box, by adding a touch of High Beam to the cheek bones and then a few sweeps of Dandelion blush over the top of the cheeks - it enhances the highlight and the two shades compliment each other! 

Do you love these products too? I love miniatures. They are a must have for travelling. You can find the 'Feelin' Dandy' Kit here for £25.50.


ttyl,




BLOGLOVIN | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute little kit, I love it! Awesome review of all the products :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. I love to hear from you and know what you think! Thank you x