Tuesday 15 April 2014

Elf Gotta Glow “Blush” | Review




Knowing that highlighters are hard to come by on the high street in drug stores, I thought I would share my thoughts with you on this little treasure from Elf. I know that it is only available online within the UK but the price categorises it in the high street/drug store spectrum (in my mind anyway). Elf promotes this product as a blush, despite buyers purchasing it to use as a highlight shade. Maybe it could be mixed with a blush to create a shimmery blush? I have yet to work that one out.

After falling in love with Nars' Albatross, but refusing to pay the expense, I heard that Elf's Gotta Glow was an exact dupe. At the tempting price, it would be silly not to order it. When it arrived, I instantly noticed the Nars packaging replica, although the feel wasn't as rubbery. The 'blush' is homed in a sleek black case with a small mirror inside. The highlight has 'Elf' imprinted on it and is so very pretty.



The shade is a gold toned, champagne shade with fine glitters and shimmers. I am a sucker for anything sparkly and was hopeful that it would show up just as pigmented as it appears in the pan. It did just that. I feel like this would compliment all skin tones as its not too warm or cool hued. I have noticed that it works best when used on my cheek bones and on my brow bone. Due to the consistency being a little chunky, I wouldn't recommend using it to highlight other areas of the face.

Overall, its of excellent quality, a beautiful luminous shade and easy on the purse!

You can purchase this product from the UK Elf site - Eyes Lips Face and also on Ebay.



ttyl,


BLOGLOVIN | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM


2 comments:

  1. this is such a nice colour, I've never used ELF but really want to buy some X

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely recommend them! They have awesome products at cheap prices! I love their lipsticks, lip pencils and lip glosses :)
    X

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. I love to hear from you and know what you think! Thank you x