Friday 6 June 2014

£1.50 Beauty Blender Dupe | Review




So if you have been alive for the past 3 years, then I guarantee you will have heard about the infamous 'Beauty Blender'. All beauty fans and their grannies went and bought one. It was and still is the craze! A Beauty Blenders job is to provide you with a tool that leaves you with a flawless finish after applying foundation and will save you from using your hands, large sponges and expensive brushes. As a brush lover, I have never had an issue with my foundation/concealer application so didn't feel the need to fork out £16 + delivery for a little egg shaped sponge.

When shopping in Primark the other day, I was standing in line and I spotted an almost identical dupe for the Beauty Blender. At £1.50, I instantly grabbed it and wanted to give it a go. If it was rubbish then I hadn't spent a fortune. There are other dupes of the sponge including the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge, but none as cheap as Primarks!




It comes in the package with no instructions on how to use it. Beginners wouldn't know to try washing the sponge under warm water and squeezing it before use. This will ensure that the sponge doesn't soak up all of the products you are using. But for £1.50 you can't complain. You can also use it dry but I recommend using it wet.

I have used the sponge twice. The first time for concealer - using the tip at the top. Its not as long as the Beauty Blender, therefore the circumference makes it a bit difficult reaching in the corner of my eye. Apart from that it works perfectly for applying concealer under the eyes and on blemishes. The larger side at the bottom was great for applying foundation. By using dabbing motions, it applied a good medium coverage. It only took me a couple of minutes to apply my foundation but no quicker than using my normal buffing brush. Its's easy to clean and hasn't went mouldy yet, like some do. 

PLEASE NOTE: The Primark Egg Makeup Sponge contains latex.



Have you tried this inexpensive makeup sponge? Let me know your thoughts. ttyl, 


BLOGLOVIN | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. I love to hear from you and know what you think! Thank you x