Friday 25 April 2014

Daily Makeup Brushes



The key to fabulous makeup is great brushes. I am disgusted with the relationship that I had with my brushes about 5 years ago. Washing them about once every 3 months. Ew, I know. I'm surprised my skin has made it out alive. Now, I ensure that I take care of my brushes as they are investment. I have a good few (slight understatement) and my daily makeup brushes are a little different to my going out/event brushes. The difference in scale being from a selection of approx 7 (daily) to 18 (evening). Apologies that a couple of the brushes are dirty, I photographed this after I applied my makeup today. Oops.


From Left - Right

Sigma F88 Angled Kabuki Brush
This brush is the ultimate star of applying and buffing in foundation. It is densely packed with bristles and so soft. The angled design allows me to buff around the nose and smaller areas. I love sharpening my eye makeup with the edge on it aswell. Due to the size, I can whizz through a quick makeup application in the morning. 


Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush
I personally use this brush to applying and blend out my concealer and/or highlighting. Unless you have the face size of a 4 year old, I can't see it being big enough for foundation.


Mac 168 Angled Brush
I get multi uses out of this one. Mostly, I will use it for applying contour and chissling my cheeks but it can also be used for blush (I switch it up sometimes).


Mac 129 Blush Brush
I have been loving this lately for applying a wash of blush to my cheeks. When I bought it, I struggled at first to use a brush this big for blush. But with a light hand it blends beautifully. It can also be used for setting powder or bronzing.


Real Techniques Contour Brush
I love the tapered shape of this brush and I love using it to highlight my cheekbones and down the nose. I have used it to contour in the past but find it a little thin.


Sigma F50 Duo Fibre Brush
A MUST HAVE. Duo fibre brushes are a combination of natural bristles and goat hair. They can be used with cream, liquid or powder products (triple win). I use this brush to blend everything out after my base is applied. Its also great for a super quick application of foundation.


Elf Spoolie Brush
Here we have a boring spoolie brush. I give my brows a brush through before applying some powder. Tame those brows girl! 


Sigma E65 Small Angle Brush 
Luuuurv this wee brush. Its so thin, dense and precise that it allows me to create crisp lines and fill in my brows perfectly.


ttyl,


BLOGLOVIN | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. I love to hear from you and know what you think! Thank you x