Monday 30 June 2014

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation | First Impressions & Review


- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - 
£9.99 (Superdrug/Boots)

As my trusty L'Oreal True Match foundation has just run out, I took a little trip into Superdrug to pick up a new one. I have been using True Match for 2 years now (the Lumi and the original), and have really enjoyed the foundation but I get too bored of foundation easily and find they begin to not work with my skin after a while of using it. I thought it was time for a change and having heard so many fab reviews on the Bourjois foundations, I knew I had to try it out. 


I picked up the shade 52 Vanilla. This was the 2nd lightest shade from what they had on offer at my store. It is just a smigen too dark for my skin tone but as my face is always pale, I don't mind this in a foundation. I opted not to go for the Serum as I have heard that it's a lighter coverage that this one. The foundation claims to give you that healthy glow which is what I was looking for. My skin has been looking dull and lifeless lately. It hydrates the skin which I badly need also.



It appears to give me a medium coverage but can be buildable. The texture of the foundation is very creamy and blendable. It feels very light on my face but evens out my skin tone so well. The finish is a semi-matte finish but in no way dry looking. There is still a luminous glow to the skin. It does sound impossible but you really do get the best of both worlds from using it. I can get up to 5 hours wear before I need to powder my t-zone, it does claim to have a 16 hour longevity but I wouldn't leave makeup on my face for that length of time anyway. With ingredients such as apricot, ginger and apple, the scent is really fruity and pleasant (aint nothing worse than plastecine smelling foundation). 


These photographs were taken when I first tried out the foundation. I have combined it with my MAC pro longwear concealer and Rimmel stay matter powder. I was able to achieve a full coverage base that gives a flawless finish without looking cakey. 


Overall I give this foundation a 9/10 so far and I am really impressed by it! Have you tried this foundation yet? What are your thoughts? ttyl, 


1 comment:

  1. great review, I really want to try this! so many of my friends use it and I have such dry skin so it'd probably be perfect for me

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. I love to hear from you and know what you think! Thank you x