Friday 21 March 2014

Tag | The Beauty Tag.



I am one of those people who loves to stumble across tags. Whether it be on Youtube or Blogs. I think it's the most informative and straight to the point way of gaining a perspective on a persons style and what interests them. I read this tag on Sailboat's page. You can go have a nosey at her take on The Beauty Tag here. I'm unsure if it has been around for a while, but it seems like a fun one to do and you may get to know my beauty style. Lets do this!

Q1) Do you remember your first make up item?
I'm pretty positive that my first purchase and make up items were two of the Barry M dazzle dusts. When I was younger I would compete at freestyle dancing competitions, so these were bought for that. 

Photo courtesy of: BarryM.com


Q2) What kind of coverage do you prefer for your foundation?
Medium coverage. I don't like anything too heavy, I like to let my skin breathe. I also wear my Maybelline BB cream for a light coverage on a day to day basis.

Q3) Favourite High End brand?
Most people wouldn't categorise MAC as high end. But in terms of price and quality, I would say MAC is my favourite.

Q4) Favourite drug store/high street brand?
L'oreal, no hesitation! I have rarely been disappointed with L'oreal products. True Match foundation and Telescopic mascara in Carbon Black are two staples in my make up bag.

Q5) What cosmetic brand have you always wanted to try but still haven't?
Illamasqua. I know, I've been living under a rock. I am yet to get my hands on the latest craze. In the beginning, there were no stores close for me to test their products. I'm not one to buy before I try by shopping online either. Now they have a store in Glasgow, its a MUST that I check it out when I return home from my travels. 

Q6) Do you wear fake lashes?
I do wear falsies only if I'm going on a night out or if its a special occasion. I always opt for the natural ones though. I feel like they complete an eyelook.

Q7) Is there any kind of make up you can't leave the house without? 
On a day to day basis- lipbalm (chapped lips problems). If I have to look more presentable, I'll grab some mascara and concealer. 

Q8) What is your most cherished beauty product? 
Its a make up tool for me. My Sigma E75 Angled Brow brush. This thing makes my brow routine quicker and has them looking so slick when using powder.

Q9) How often do you shop for make up? Do you pick out a lot of products at a time? 
I only shop for make up when I need to repurchase or when I tell myself that I need something. I try to limit my make up buys to two or three items at a time.

Q10) Do you have a 'beauty budget'?
I don't set myself a budget, I aim to only purchase things I know I'll get the use out of so that keeps spending at a minimum. Although, I am guilty of going all-out on the beauty front when its time to spend birthday or christmas pennies.

Q11) What type of product do you buy the most?
Lippies. I convince myself that I need them all, even when I have something of a similar shade. Ooops, straight into the basket it goes.

Q12) Do you have a favourite place to shop for make up? 
I prefer Boots and Superdrug to Debenhams and House of Fraser, its a little less overwhelming. Shopping on online websites that sell American brands is also a favourite of mine.

Q13) If you could only choose one brand, which brand would you choose?
Would I sound generic by saying MAC Cosmetics? They cover pretty much everything you would need: skin care, base, eyeshadow, lipsticks and my weakness- brushes. 

Q14) Which brand has the best packaging?
In my opinion, YSL steals the show. Instead of going down the classic black packaging route, the gold is a winner. It looks very glamourous and luxe. 

Photo courtesy of: yslbeauty.co.uk


Q15) Which celebrity always has great make up?
I love the look of Michelle Keegans make up. It's always simple yet classic. Very timeless. She's a natural beauty who needs very little.

Photo courtesy of: Heatworld.com

Q16) Which do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
I love to highlight with my concealer too. To do that I apply foundation first, then use a concealer that is about 3 shades lighter to achieve that effect.

Q17) Do you like multifunctional products? Like lip and cheek stains?
I am partial to a lip stain but wouldn't use it on my cheeks. In terms of highlighting, if an eyeshadow is a pearlescent champagne of gold shimmer shade that would go well, I may use it to highlight and vise versa. 

Q18) Do you apply your foundation with a brush, sponge or fingers?
I apply my foundation with my Real Techniques Buffer brush or Sigma F88 Angled Kabuki brush. Those brushes make it a breeze. 

Q19) Which foundation do you use the most?
It would have to be L'oreal True Match in the shade R3.C3 Rose Beige. It's a little too dark for me at the moment as I'm on the pale side. The foundation blends well and lasts for approx 6 hours before it needs touched up.

Q20) Do you use a make up base or primer for the eyes?
I use MAC paintpot in Soft Ochre or the original primer potion from Urban Decay. Especially if I'm using cream shadows as my eyes are prone to creasing.

And thats a wrap :)
 





1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. I love to hear from you and know what you think! Thank you x