Thursday 27 March 2014

Review | LUSH Mask Of Magnaminty



I have just recently caught the Lush bug. Quite dangerously at that - as every time I approach one of their stores, I drag myself away to ensure no more damage can be done to my purse. They offer various products ranging from bath products to make up. About two months ago, I noticed that my forehead had broken out in small bumps. This was a big change in my skin as I've been fortunate enough never to suffer from acne or any skin issues (a blemish on my chin area would have been my biggest problem). This left me totally baffled as I had no idea where to even look for products to treat this. My skin type had also vastly changed from dry to having an unwanted oily T zone. I put this down to the change in climate after recently travelling to Australia. These issues led me to the light - The Mask Of Magnaminty. About three months ago I made the purchase and haven't looked back. This little tub of genuis has tackle my skin issues. 


Lush describe it as "A multi purpose mask with a mixture of gentle yet effective ingredients to clean, calm and clear the skin."


What you need to know.

The mask is quite thick and gritty due to evening primrose seeds and aduki beans which when removing the mask will gently scrub and exfoliate your skin. The honey and vanilla ingredients will pack moisture into the skin and prevent dehydration (woop). The peppermint oil included in the mask can soothe any skin irritation or issues. The scent is evident - peppermint. It freshens and gives a tingle to the skin (although it could verge on painful, you can really feel the cooling power working). 



What do I think?

I picked up the 125g tub as I didn't want to buy the full size tub to then dislike the mask and waste a lot of product. I use it once every two weeks and I still have a good amount of product left. This is because I tend to use it on my problematic areas (forehead and chin) rather than do a full face. I apply the product with my fingers and leave it on for approximately 15 minutes. I haven't used it on my back as the mask suggests. This mask pulls the impurities from beneathe my skins surface and relieves my blocked pores and congestion. After using this mask, each time I notice how clear and radiant my skin looks. It calms my breakouts and gives me efficient results. My verdict gives this mask a 9 out of 10 in terms of quality and results. The price wasn't that appealing though, retailing for $16.95. 

You can pick up The MOM mask here on the Australia site, although it's currently sold out at the moment. Keep an eye out for it coming back in stock! You can also pick up The MOM mask here if you are in the UK! 



I would love to get some other recommendations for Lush face masks! Whats your favourite? 

TTYL! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. I love to hear from you and know what you think! Thank you x