Sunday 23 March 2014

Review | COVERGIRL Lash Blast Volume Mascara


As the UK has been neglected of having the pleasure of retailing Covergirl, I instantly thought about all of the brands I would be able to try when arriving in Australia (including Covergirl). It was even difficult to purchase online, whilst I was trying to pretend the cost of shipping didn't bother me. I purchased this mascara in Big W, after much deliberation on which Covergirl mascara to scoop under my wing as they do have a few options. I passed on the waterproof version of lashblast, as I have heard that even the strongest of make up removers wouldn't budge that bad boy. With that being said, I decided on Lash Blast Volume in Black.

First of all, the tube has a larger width than that of the 'norm'. This made it quite difficult to grip the wand whilst applying the mascara. The bright neon orange colouring is fun and different. The brush applicator is plastic, which is my preference over the other bristle brushes. This seperates the lashes as the plastic bristles are more stern. Adding volume is simply done by how thick the applicator has been created. It is able to pack on the formula without making them look too clumpy. The formula is the perfect combination of lengthening and volumising. I am a curler of the lashes - so mascara's that are too heavy are not a good time for me. I can wear this mascara for 4-5 hours without needing to re-curl. I am a HUGE L'oreal Telescopic mascara fan, and I think the results both mascara's give are very similar. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase and will be re-purchasing soon!



Pros
  • It does what it says on the tin - adding volume to your lashes.
  • The formula isn't too heavy considering it's a volumising mascara meaning it doesn't weigh down the lashes.
  • I haven't experienced any smudging, (although I don't normally have this problem).


Cons
  • The size of the packaging? Only because I prefer a smaller wand to turn whilst applying.
  • If you're not a fan of the 'clumpy' lash look, then stick to 1 or 2 coats. Any more than that will pack on too much formula for your liking. I however don't mind this look.


If you're interested in testing out Covergirl make up or specifically their mascara's but live in the UK, I suggest browsing on Ebay and Amazon. East End Cosmetics sell a few Covergirl products including: Lashblast Length, Fantastic lash high volume and Lastexact mascara's too. You can visit their website here








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions. I love to hear from you and know what you think! Thank you x